If you suffer from tooth loss, dental implants are the best solution to give you a new smile! The partial or total loss of teeth can cause many dental problems, as well as often resulting in lack of confidence and pain when chewing food.
What is a dental implant?
- A dental implant is a modern dental procedure that replaces missing teeth or teeth that have been severely affected by caries, various accidents or periodontitis.
- A dental implant is a titanium piece that is surgically inserted into the alveolar bone in the edged area.
When do I need dental implants?
- When you have lost one or more teeth and that makes you feel uncomfortable when you smile.
- When you suffer from pain when you eat on account of missing teeth.
- When the dental prosthesis you wear has caused you enough embarrassing moments and you don’t want to go through any more uncomfortable situations. Dentures can sometimes be bulky, unstable, or even cause pain. Furthermore, the bone in the toothless area recedes over time, causing functional and aesthetic problems that can be prevented by placing an implant in the bone.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
- The implanted teeth look natural and give back your confidence in your smile!
- The dental implant allows you to eat and talk comfortably and feels just like a natural tooth. You will be able to enjoy again the pleasure of chewing and appreciating the flavor of food!
- The dental implant prevents atrophy and bone contraction which occurs when you lose a natural tooth.
Which are the stages of fitting in a dental implant?
- Step 1: An incision is made in the gums and the implant is inserted into the maxillary bone. We then close the gums to allow the area to heal. In approximatively 3 months, the implant starts to latch to the alveolar bone. However, healing and welding may take several months if a bone augmentation treatment has also been performed.
- Step 2: The doctor fits the tooth or teeth to the implant structure. Depending on the case, a dental implant can support one or more teeth or dentures.
Do implants hurt?
- Dental implants are placed in the jaw under local anesthesia, so the procedure is totally pain free.
- After the effect of the local anesthetic fades, some patients feel a small discomfort. Our dentists recommend analgesics that help you get over any unpleasant sensation. Generally, many of our patients don’t even need analgesics after this procedure.
Who performs the implantation procedure?
- A team consisting of a dento-alveolar surgeon and a dentist.
- While the surgeon performs the initial implantation / extraction / bone addition, the dentist works on the temporary or permanent prosthesis.
- Having an experienced dentist is crucial for the success of your dental implants. At Favorit Dental Clinic we pride ourselves in having a team of specialists with extensive experience in dental implantology, who work exclusively with state-of-the-art materials.
What is the success rate of dental implants?
- Due to recent advances in implantology, dental implants have a success rate of over 90%.
- The success of dental implants depends on many factors, such as your general health, whether you’re a smoker or not, the way you care for your oral hygiene and whether you take regular visits to your dentist.
- The longevity of dental implants cannot be accurately estimated. However, it is known that in 1965 the first dental implants were inserted. The patient in question enjoyed his implants until he passed away, 41 years later, in 2006.
What types of prostheses are available?
- Single prosthesis (crown) which replaces a missing tooth – each prosthetic tooth attaches to its own implant.
- Partial prosthesis (fixed bridges) which replaces two or more missing teeth – these require two or three implants.
- Complete denture which replaces all upper or lower teeth – the number of implants varies depending on the type of prosthesis recommended (fixed or removable).
Can I get dental implants at any age?
- You most certainly can, provided that you are in good health and that your bone structure allows the implantation.
How to care for my dental implants?
- It is important to pay close attention to oral hygiene by brushing daily and using interdental brushes.
- The longevity of the implants also depends on how thorough you are with getting regular dental checkups and professional cleanings from your dentist.
How much do dental implants cost?
- Each patient is unique and, after a consultation, we will recommend a personalized treatment plan according to your specific needs. We will communicate all the costs of your recommended treatment plan. You can check our price list here.
Book an appointment
- Book an appointment online by filling out our form and we will contact you shortly to confirm the time and day you can come in for a consultation.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please make sure you let us know as soon as possible.